Wednesday, May 11, 2011

V for Vendetta: La Voie, La Verite et La Vie

La Voie, La Verite et La Vie. These are the last words of a man who has experienced on of the horrible Nazi concentration camps. What this means is The Voice, The Truth and the Life. When I read this, I felt very emotinal because I am Catholic, and these were words spoken by Christ, in this: "Je suis la Voie, la Vérité et la Vie, nul ne vient au Père que par moi" This means nothing goes to Father expect by me(Jesus).

But what does La Voie, La Verite et La Vie really mean?
Let's start with La Voie. Voie means voice, and I think Jesus means the voice of God, who is suposedly our creator. Maybe he's trying to say the voice that commands us.

Next part: La Verite. Verite means Truth, so it means "The Truth". I've always heard the saying 'The truth will set you free", but does it have anything to do with this? I think it does. Put 'The Voice and The Truth" together and you get "The Voice of Truth". This also means God. What the Catholic Church belives is that when you die, you are forgiven of your sins. I think the saying "The truth will set you free" could be referring to "The Voice of Truth", which could be put together to make "The Voice of Truth sets you free."

Last part: La Vie: Vie means life.I've often heard "There's only one correct path in life." I sort of disagree with that, because it was written in te late 1700's, and the world has changed a lot since then. I'm thinking about "The Voice of Truth(God) will make your life." I wonder if that's true.
Are we in command of our own lives?
If not, who or what is?

4 comments:

  1. great job considering the larger implications of a single phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you expanded a quote and turned it into a post, and I agree with the idea that there are many correct paths in life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post and I've started to read V for Vendetta as well. One thing I'd like to point out is that the story takes place in futuristic times, and it was set in England. Other than that I liked your way of thinking, and how you expanded on one quote only. I'd like to see you try to answer your question, and it would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete